Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gaver-doodle-doo

Today we went back to the Gastroenterologist to see if we can find the reason little Gav is still puking. He can only have very small quantities of food at a time-and even then sometimes he still throws-up. He throws up right after he eats, hours after he eats, and sometimes in the middle of the night ( a lot!) Noodles are our biggest culprit, I don't think he has ever kept down a noodle meal (mac and cheese, spaghetti, etc). The good thing is probably 95% of the time he isn't in pain, I don't think he hurts too much before and he is completely better after. There are times mainly at night that he does scream and yell and you can tell he is in pain. The good news is, slowly but surely he is still growing-probably mainly from his milk! That boy loves his milk-just like Zach did (except Gav doesn't need it warmed up like Z did, thank goodness). I also realized if I keep him on a liquid diet and watch his quantities he does a lot better too. The past couple days he has pretty much just been having yogurt, pudding, and milk. Healthy right? Better than throwing up all the healthy stuff though : ).

The doctor decided because we have already ran 15 test about 8 months ago and they all came out fine, that it is time to do an endoscopy. We are scheduled to do it next Thursday. I am not worried about the procedure but I am really nervous about the anesthesia. It just puts my stomach in knots. What if something goes wrong? What if he never wakes up? I don't know how I would go on. I need to just stay positive and have faith in the Lord that everything will be ok. It is a procedure that needs to be done regardless. He will be checking for infection in the stomach, problems with the intestines, and his esophagus, and checking for Celiac disease again.I really hope they find our answer and that it is an easy fix. He said if it all looks good and the biopsy's come back clean, the next step would be to see if it is neurological problem-such as severe migraines. 

Here he is being a big boy on his own seat. He was so cute and good at the doctors office, we actually had a decent time together waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the Doctor : )! 
Just eating my fruit snacks at the Doctor's office

No comments: